Thursday 8 March 2012


Golden Brolly

Again, they come, the couple that like to sit under my cover
Away from direct sunlight, faces look at one another
Dirtying her dress and he has knees of muddy colour
Next month, knowing him, he will come here with someone other

The noises made disturbs me from the tweeting of the birds
Uncouth and loud and declarations, love and other words
Excuse me while I take a sip of Mother Nature’s water
Can trees not drink in peace? Leave me alone, just like you oughta

I long for winter, frozen land is icy on the bottom
The leaves are dead and buried, no golden brolly for you, my son
The white wind further cracks my old un-moisturised figure
I can’t be vain in this season, the silver birch sniggers

An Oak I am, an Oak I’ll be, until they cut me down
The selfish rotters planning homes on my nurturing ground 
I’ll miss the birds, the wind, the pretty sight of other trees
I wish that guy would now get up from his so filthy knees

No comments:

Post a Comment